Due to an extremely high demand for the flu vaccinations this year, all of our available immunization appointments for October have been filled. Please continue to monitor our online booking site in case of cancellations: https://pharmasave232.setmore.com/
We hope to offer flu vaccinations through November, once they become available.
The most effective way to decrease complications and reduce the impact of the flu is to get a flu shot. Health Canada recommends everyone 6 months and older should get the annual flu vaccine as soon as it is available because it takes about two weeks after your flu shot for the protective antibodies to develop in the body. Get your flu shot early to protect yourself before flu viruses begin spreading in your community.
With COVID-19 circulating in our communities, we will be taking necessary precautions to make sure both you and our staff are well protected during time spent in our pharmacy.
For instance, some of the changes you may see include:
- You will be required to fill out a flu consent form at home before coming to the pharmacy.
Download your flu shot consent form here. You will need to print this form and bring it with you the day of your appointment.
- You will be screened for COVID-19 before your appointment and on the day of your appointment.
- Staff and community members who aren’t feeling well, are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, have travelled outside the country in the last 14 days, or have been in close contact with a person with confirmed COVID-19 will not be allowed to enter the pharmacy.
- You will be required to wear a mask/face covering.
- You should wear a loose fitting shirt or t-shirt to allow easy access to your deltoid muscle.
- Pharmacists will wear appropriate protective gear.
- We have increased sanitizing of surfaces between visits with the Pharmacist.
- All necessary infection prevention and control measures will be in place in the pharmacy.
- To ensure physical distancing:
Pharmacy layout will be different.
Fewer people will be able to be in the pharmacy at one time.
Please visit our flu information page here for more resources.
Speak with your Pharmasave Broadmead Pharmacist for specific details about getting your flu shot.